Saturday 5 November 2016

Not Teaching: Week 18

We’re just over a third of the way through 52 weeks now. Which feels a little weird, since the weeks are still in the teens, but that’s math for you. Also weird is being done T&T. It’s like I might be able to relax in January or something. In the meantime, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) started, so I created a cover, and have been perusing the forums.


Previous INDEX Next

Highlights of the week include finding a reference to myself (as a teacher) in the serial “Sanctioned” by ChrysKelly, having Sam Shah tell me I should enter my “Cubic Formula” song into a competition, running into a former student at a NaNoWriMo Write-in, and attending a visitation for the passing of a former colleague in the Occasional Teacher Bargaining Unit. Yeah, I didn’t say they were all happy highlights.

Item counts run Sunday (October 30) to Saturday (November 5).

Step Count: About 56,900.
Two days over 10k. One was by accident, they’d closed off a pathway I’d planned to take coming home after a walk.

School Email Count: 57 New (0 sent)
First week I’ve sent zero emails. One of the messages I received involved those funeral arrangements. That's why one keeps checking.


Nov 5 is a day for red hair.
Also, Rose in my NaNoWriMo's a redhead.

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Finished T&T Part 96b.
 -Sketched an Aion parody for Twittereen.
 -Wrote, drew, inked and published a math comic for first time since August!
 -Wrote a blog post about the time travel series “Timeless”.

NaNoWriMo Words Etc: (**NEW**)
 -Nov 1: 2375. Nov 2: 890. Nov 3: 1917. Nov 4: 2156. Nov 5: 4442.
 -NaNoWriMo social gathering last Sunday
 -NaNoWriMo coffee shop crawl on Saturday afternoon

Non-Writing Items for the past week:
 -Halloween! 29 kids. Four from 5:30-5:45. Three around 6:20. Nine from 7:15-7:30, three from 7:30-7:45, five from 7:45-8:00. Three around 8:15 and two around 8:45.
 -Yoga Tuesday
 -Started reading “The Number Devil”.
 -Meeting with friends Saturday morning

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -NaNoWriMo.
 -Finish reading “The Number Devil”.
 -Attend Remembrance Day ceremony downtown.

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about Anime North (from May)
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about COMA Social (from Sept)
 -Actually turn this into more of a newsletter?
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.16!*)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

This is shaping up to be my most chill November since I became a full time teacher.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment