Saturday 23 July 2016

Not Teaching: Week 3

I am taking a year off of teaching. And it does NOT feel like summer yet. (Emotionally, that is. Physically it does because our air conditioner gave out.) So much stuff needs to get done, and I feel like I’m not making much headway. Sigh. I even spent all of last Wednesday at home. On the bright side, hella writing this week.


Previous INDEX Next

Item counts run Sunday (July 17) to Saturday (July 23).

Step Count: About 63,300.
I only got my 7,000 steps on 4 of the 7 days. But on Monday in Minnesota I had 21,880 steps from travelling to the other bank of the Mississippi (and back).

Teaching Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Second, third and fourth (half) day of Twitter Math Camp
 (Just too many sessions to name individually. Read the recaps.)


Home, nothing's really changed.

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Completed recap post for JLV session (2800 words)
 -Completed recap post for Saturday TMC (2000 words)
 -Completed recap post for Sunday TMC (3500 words)
 -Completed recap post for Monday TMC (7000 words)
 -Completed recap post for Tuesday TMC (4200 words)
 -Completed recap post for Morning TMCs (2700 words)
 -Co-sketching of personified math with John Golden
 -Statistics post for T&T blog (1700 words)

Total: 23,900 words (not including this post); with recaps, it’s the editing that’s a killer.

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -TMC outing on Sunday to Minnehaha Falls & some other encounters
 -Medical phone appointment on Wednesday
 -Psych appointment on Thursday
 -Thursday yoga session
 -Did a bit more reading in “Outlander” while in transit
 -Saw the “Peanuts” movie on fast forward in a plane
 -Met up with a friend on Saturday
 -Went to the housewarming of my wife’s coworkers

MUST DO items in the coming week:
 -Finish inking math comic co-venture with J Golden by Monday
 -Write and draw another math comic before Thursday night
 -Finish TMC recap posts with final thoughts
 -Appointments about new air conditioner on Monday & Tuesday
 -Mow Lawn ideally before Thursday
 -Orkin guy coming on Thursday
 -Start the process for French Citizenship (*NOT DONE)
 -See about getting a roofer for reshingling (*NOT DONE)
 -Post recap about OAME (from May) (*NOT DONE)
 -Go to Star Trek exhibit at Aviation Museum++

++ That last actually jumped from my offline list (yes there’s ANOTHER list outside these ones) straight to the MUST, so I can go with my wife and friend, bypassing the Would be Nice; had planned to add it there next week.

More stuff needs to GET DONE, dammit.


I'm taking next weekend off.

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Sewing up some clothes
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
 -Renew my passport
 -Recreate a buffer for my math comic
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Catch up with more web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up more on “Sailor Moon Crystal” (no spoilers!)
 -Catch up on “Bones” (no spoilers!)
 -Get back onto tumblr
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, now that we’re OVER ONE THIRD into the summer. This is why teachers like me go crazy. Come back next week to see if I can actually get more of this stuff done.


Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment