Saturday 30 July 2016

Not Teaching: Week 4

To start this past week, as I was looking at all of the things I want to get through, a switch flipped in my brain. It was like suddenly I realized, I actually have more than 4 weeks left to accomplish the rest of this. I could take a day and NOT do anything. Novel idea! The sensation lasted a few hours on Sunday before I decided that was too weird and got back to my lists.


Previous INDEX Next

I’m at ConBravo in Hamilton this week though, and working on not feeling any guilt over that. Which is easier to do because there’s no grading that I’m putting off, unlike with Anime North.

Item counts run Sunday (July 24) to Saturday (July 30).

Step Count: About 63,660.
Every day I managed over 7,000 steps, even if it was walking around the centre island in my kitchen while perusing social media at the end of the day. Then ConBravo, so over 10k steps the last couple days. Aside: Normally I ballpark this when the post goes up, figuring a few more steps in the evening, but we’re pretty much on par. (I’m back in my hotel now.)

Teaching Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -A wrap-up post about “Twitter Math Camp” and some general social media scrolling.


I'm at a hotel.

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Finished inking math comic co-venture with John Golden
 -Wrote, drew and set the math comic for the coming Monday
 -Edited more T&T with last Friday and next Friday’s episode set on the blog.

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -Got to Star Trek exhibit at Aviation Museum
 -Met up with friends on Monday evening
 -Dealt with air conditioner and related issues on Mon, Tues AND Wed
 -Mowed lawn, and pest control came
 -Thursday yoga session
 -A bunch of stuff at ConBravo including pictures with some great online reviewers
 -Slight bit of reading while waiting in lines/dinner.

MUST DO items in the coming week:
 -Visiting family on Monday
 -Doctor’s appointment on Tuesday
 -Orkin guy coming on Thursday
 -See about getting a roofer for reshingling (*Started Research)
 -Start the process for French Citizenship (*NOT DONE)
 -Post recap about OAME (from May) (*NOT DONE)

The lack of air conditioning kind of consumed my mind for the last week. Two of the lingering “Must Do” are things with a LONG turnaround, so I need to get to those. The OAME recap I added here because I was doing all the TMC recapping and thought “I’ll keep going!” and no, I was kind of burned out on that. We’ll see where that goes, if anywhere.



WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Sewing up some clothes
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
 -Renew my passport
 -Recreate a buffer for my math comic... or just SHELVE IT??
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about ConBravo (from July) (*NEW)
With Erika Szabo!
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Read the ‘Craving Change’ book for Lifestyle Changes (*NEW)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up more on “Sailor Moon Crystal” (no spoilers!)
 -Catch up on “Bones” (no spoilers!)
 -Get back onto tumblr... before everything changes after it’s sale
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, now that we’re HALFWAY (AGH!) into the summer, what now? Come back next week to see if I can actually get more of this stuff done.


Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment