Saturday 1 October 2016

Not Teaching: Week 13

I’ve started goofing off a bit, playing a computer game. (With writing, you can kinda get away with that guilt-free, not so much with teaching.) I did have a few appointments and meetings this week, so maybe that was a factor, seeking more down time. I got my eyes checked for the first time in maybe four years, since an eye was bothering me (it's fine). Also went to the bookstore. A former student recognized me (Sydney P) and we chatted. Yay for high school teachers.

I was going to design a “Time Lines” banner for these posts, kinda started it, feel it needs more, might happen before Thanksgiving (next weekend), might not. Sidebar, I’m caught up with “Agents of SHIELD”, which resumed earlier this month, and saw more “Bones”, from last season.


Previous INDEX Next

Item counts run Sunday (September 25) to Saturday (October 1).

Step Count: About 62,500.
Sunday was under 3k. But three days were over 10k.

School Email Count: 74 New (2 sent)
Apparently parent-teacher interviews are now going to be booked online, and we have to sign up for the system ourselves. Something else to look forward to when I get back.



Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Posted about NaNoWriMo Options
 -Queued up all posts for T&T in October
 -Started Part 86 edits in T&T

Non-Writing Items for the past week:
 -Finished Volume 4 of “Buffy Season 8”, got them to Scott
 -Met friends on Monday
 -Eye appointment on Tuesday
 -Yoga Tuesday
 -Math Social Thursday, took notes
 -Caught up with Back to the Future comic
 -Caught up with EVW’s “Sakura Dungeon” play through - and bought the game
 -Bit more reading in “Temporal Element II”.

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Medical appointment Monday
 -Tidy up the side of the room that’s not my desk (below)
 -Headed home for Thanksgiving


What's been next to my desk for, um, years.

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Actually turn this into more of a newsletter?
 -Deal with full memory card on camera
 -French Citizenship project
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about Anime North (from May)
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about COMA Social (from Sept) (**NEW)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.16!*)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

One thing doing these posts makes me realize is how much stuff actually DOES get done on weeks where I feel like I didn’t do much.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment