Saturday 26 November 2016

Not Teaching: Week 21

This week, I’m acknowledging something about deadlines. I’m rather good at them. This despite the fact that at least 90% of the time, my unprofessional deadlines are self-imposed. I reached 50,000 words this past week for my NaNoWriMo... I’m still going, 2k per day, because the story isn’t done, and it’s going on Wattpad. Is it getting any views there after 11 daily updates? One.

For the past month, I’ve been coming up with a new personified math comic on Sundays, drawing and publishing it by Monday. Last Monday’s entry had 10 views total, all within the first two days. I ran a twitter poll in parallel; it did have 76 votes. I plan to publish those results on Monday. Will anyone notice or care? Maybe two of the ten, if I’m lucky.

Last Friday marked the completion of Book 3 of “Time & Tied” on my website. I haven’t missed an update there in over two years. Yet one of the posts I published last month has only 4 views. My overall monthly stats there haven’t been this bad since January 2016. I plan to launch Book 4 on Monday. I practically guarantee no one will notice if I miss a week there.

I should just stop. I don’t know why I don’t. I guess it’s because I’m rather good at deadlines.


Previous INDEX Next

In other news this week, sad news from France, I ran into the school’s former head of parent council in the mall, and I stayed caught up on my TV shows. (The Librarians is back!)



Item counts run Sunday (November 20) to Saturday (November 26).

Step Count: About 59,800.
Two days over 10k, two days under 7k. Balances.

School Email Count: 64 New (1 sent)
School concerts are coming up.



Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Wrote, drew, inked and published a math comic.
 -T&T Commentary written.

NaNoWriMo Words Etc:
 -TUE Nov 1: 2375. Nov 2: 890. Nov 3: 1917. Nov 4: 2156. Nov 5: 4442.
 -Nov 6: 2385. Nov 7: 403. TUE Nov 8: 2258. Nov 9: 2158. Nov 10: 1794.
 -Nov 11: 1523. Nov 12: 2840. Nov 13: 1989. Nov 14: 1711. TUE Nov 15: 2609.
 -Nov 16: 1160. Nov 17: 2444. Nov 18: 2298. Nov 19: 1148. Nov 20: 4380.
 -Nov 21: 685. Nov 22: 3342. Nov 23: 1973. Nov 24: 3296. Nov 25: 2979.
 -Nov 26: 2000. 
 -NaNoWriMo WriteIn at Algonquin finished on Sunday
 -NaNoWriMo WriteIn on Tuesday

Non-Writing Items for the past week:
 -Math Meeting Monday
 -Dinner with Friends Monday
 -Yoga Thursday
 -Saw Doctor Strange movie Saturday

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Does It Matter?

UNCHANGED NEXT items:
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about Anime North (from May)
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about COMA Social (from Sept)
 -Actually turn this into more of a newsletter?
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.18!)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

Congrats on reading this far down. Anyone else have Blogger randomly update the interface on them?
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment