Saturday 29 April 2017

Not Teaching: Week 43

My age is now a prime number. Wheee. Something of a revelation that day though. I went back to school that evening for the “International Festival”. At one point, they announced the (already extended) intermission would end in three minutes. Then the DJ set up this dance thing off to the side and students were dancing, and all I could think was “well, this is never going to be three minutes now”. I had no stake in this, not teaching, not anything else to be doing, but it still bothered me. Meaning I really can’t take chaotic environments and a lack of scheduling. Explains why all this freewheeling teaching stuff freaks me out when I legit do have a stake of sorts.

Somewhat related to that was the co-presentation I gave on Tuesday morning (and again with friends Saturday). Again, no real stake in things, but couldn’t help but look at my watch, trying to figure out scheduling. In the end, it all went fine, one uOttawa student even followed up through email. I was also pinged as to whether I might want a student teacher some time. Maybe in time.
Previous INDEX Next

As to the day of my birthday itself, my wife gave me a laugh with card-in-book antics, I went to pick up a new BTTF comic, I did a bunch of “Girl Who Speaks” edits, and in general had a better day than I thought I would. Also saw “Logan” on Friday with Anne-Lise.

*
Item counts run Sunday (April 23) to Saturday (April 29).

Step Count: About 54,200. 20 stars.
Over 10k on Thurs, first time for that since early in the month, but two days under goal.

School Email Count: 58 New (6 sent)
Mostly coordinating for the UofO presentation.



Writing/Art Related Items:
 -Drew a new opener for Series 9, posted Apr 27
 -T&T RRL edits through to start of Book 3, and “Power Play”
 -Started drawing a strip for Monday

Camp NaNoWriMo: (19 hr previous)
 -“Algebra Girl” edits up to Finale, back to start (13 hr)
 -Started work on T&T short story for guest post (4 hr)

Non-Writing Items:
 -Breakfast with family Sunday
 -Dinner with friends Monday
 -Math presentation Tuesday morning
 -Medical appointment Wednesday
 -School festival outing Thursday evening
 -Birthday-style movie outing Friday evening
 -Raked up, cleared branches and eavestroughs
 -Dinner & movie with friends Saturday

POSSIBLE NEXT (SAME) ITEMS:
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about AFEMO Conference (from Oct)
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

Got to see Kingson, that was neat. Pity about soup.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment