Saturday 17 June 2017

Not Teaching: Week 50

I still have that usual June sense of “wrapping things up”, but it’s less panic inducing and more a sense that I need to strike as much off the lists below as I can, so that I can use the summer to prepare for September. Granted, the feeling could come somewhat from knowing this is Week 50 of 52.

Of course, if I were wrapping up teaching now, there’s no way I would have gone to the “GRC Global RallyCross” in Ottawa. (Anne-Lise received tickets; a French guy won one of the events.) And the Ottawa “Fringe” plays would probably be out too. Saw “Who, Me” and talked to the performer, from Australia. Also saw “6 Quick Dick Tricks: A Dick Darrow Investigation” (Anne-Lise was chosen for one), “Xave Ruth: Music+Comedy+Math” (pipe cleaner glasses), “Bless You, Bonaparte” (time travel), and “Quest Friends Forever” (improv).
Previous INDEX Next

But yeah, not teaching, so saw that stuff... and yet I’m actually feeling on track. For what, I’m not sure.

*
Item counts run Sunday (June 11) to Saturday (June 17).

Step Count: About 69,700. 28 stars.

Much Fringe walking. Tuesday would have been low, but I walked to the river after 4pm.

School Email Count: 67 New (1 sent)
Last day of classes is Monday, then exams. No A/C this week, no big surprise, no power, more surprising.



Writing/Art Related Items:
 -Wrote a temporal lemon, Off Target
 -Wrote “Epsilon Project” serial entry
 -Wrote ahead a bit in Math Comic
 -Watched 2 “Magical Index” + 12 “Railgun S” eps and blogged

Non-Writing Items:
 -Dinner with friends Monday
 -Cleaned AC filter and some lawn cutting
 -Updated NCF webpages, including linkback
 -Medical appointment Wednesday
 -Dentist Wednesday
 -Caved, got paperwork in for new Health Card
 -Made it to 5 Ottawa Fringe shows (including “Who, Me.”)
 -Went to GRC Global Rallycross Round 5 in Ottawa

POSSIBLE NEXT ITEMS:
 -Medical appointment Wednesday
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

I’ve been pulled into “Wynonna Earp”. It might be Waverly.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment