Saturday 8 July 2017

Now Teaching: Week -8

I will be coming back after a year away from teaching. Presently, there are nine weeks until the start of school (which is right after labour day) but any teacher who doesn’t come in at least once in the week prior to that (to figure out classroom setup, make photocopies, et cetera, all at no pay) is crazy. So if that’s “Week 0”, we’re at “Week -8”.
<-- To NOT Teaching NEW INDEX Next

During these eight weeks, I’ll need to learn a new programming language (as well as remember how to program), along with other aspects for a course I haven’t taught since before the curriculum changed eight years ago. Don’t get me wrong, I’m keen to give it a go, but it means all my other courses REALLY need to be in place in advance. And I didn’t do much with that over the last year. Busy with the writing. The failed writing.

Yeah, all the writing I did over the last 52 weeks? I somehow feel like I’m worse off than I was back in July 2016. At least back then I had a plan, and there was some hope that I could get more visibility. Now, pretty much no hope of finding time to market myself, or be noticed by anyone, not that I managed it over the last year anyway. We’ll see if I can make peace with that.

I am still drawing too, and now doing Thursday comic chats, based on the work of others. Feels like that’s all I have going for me creatively. If you haven’t noticed, I’m rather depressed.


*
Item counts run Sunday (July 2) to Saturday (July 8).

Step Count 2016: About 52,900.
STEP COUNT 2017: About 61,600. 21 stars.
When I get depressed, I can wander aimlessly. Good for my physical activity.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Put up “Nanoha” merchandise, which is still there. Prepared for Twitter Math Camp, which I can’t really afford this year.

School Email Count: 0 New (0 sent)
(No surprise there.)



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Organized all basement binders. Relocated necessary materials.

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Wrote post about having no “Epsilon Project” serial entry. I fail.
 -Watched “Magical Index” movie and other anime with Anne-Lise.
 -Retooled T&T Book 3 for RRL (Woodlands now ends that book) + edits
 -Drew, inked and coloured strip for next Monday

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Dealt with broken washing machine and getting a new one.
 -Tidied up office area. Really, it’s better now, as is the basement.
 -Saw “Shakespeare in the Park”, “Midsummer Night’s Dream” on Tues.
 -Had massage to deal with arm + back pain.
 -With friends Saturday morning.

STUFF I NOW MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk
 -Complete old fusion fanfic
 -Do an entire (illustrated?) series on “Bias”


RH Stress Level: 1 (Evasion, Flier Fin)

No comments:

Post a Comment