Saturday, 5 August 2017

Now Teaching: Week -4

I will be coming back after a year away from teaching. There were nine weeks until the start of school (which is right after labour day) but any teacher who doesn’t come in at least once in the week prior to that (to figure out classroom setup, make photocopies, et cetera, all at no pay) is crazy. So if that’s “Week 0”, we’re at “Week -4”.
Previous INDEX Next

I’ve been very manic this week, depressed as heck on Tuesday to bizarrely motivational today. For the record, “Twitter Math Camp” happened at the same time as I was away last week’s vacation with my wife, and hashtags blew up, and then more things happened Thursday night, and anyway I think I’ve now pushed all that out of my unconscious mind into a comic and a post. I also started reading the “Processing” book for this Computer Science course, first while in line for D20 Live, then today so that I could say I was at the point where I’d opened the program. I have the gist, I guess. Enthusiasm comes later, I hope?

*
Item counts run Sunday (July 30) to Saturday (Aug 5).

Step Count 2016: About 46,500.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 57,400. 22 stars.
One day under 7500 for reasons. Stars streak.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Modified this post format (removing “Teaching”), and actively procrastinated.

School Email Count: 1 New (0 sent)



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Completed Processing lessons 0, 1 and 2.

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Drew, inked and coloured bonus strip for Tuesday.
 -Finished the other half of CanCon 2016 in 4 more posts.
 -Completed “Andromeda” viewing/ranking post.
 -Thursday stArt Faire Comic Chat.
 -Wrote long post about MTBoS/ITeachMath debate.

OTHER ITEMS:
 -ConBravo events (Sunday).
 -Dinner with friends Monday.
 -Yoga Tuesday.
 -Morning with friends Saturday.

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Medical apt. Anniversary. Medical apt. Massage apt.

STUFF I MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -French Citizenship project
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk
 -Complete old fusion fanfic
 -Do an entire (illustrated?) series on “Bias”


RH Stress Level: 2 (Divine Buster)

No comments:

Post a Comment