Saturday 16 September 2017

Now Teaching: Week 2

Glerk. I’m not sure how I pulled through this past week. Thursday night was my only free night, in that I used it to get quizzes marked and figure out some new programming things for students to play with. Because that new CompSci course remains a horror show. I still have to research... everything, frankly, and come up with new coding assignments, ones that aren’t ones they saw the previous year. And no one can really help me, because my teaching style is different. Well, okay, actual tech help might be good.
Previous INDEX Next

This week I had a network fail for where things save making me a wreck first thing Monday (I have no backup plan any more), and downloading assignments is a pain (half hour shot on Friday), and you can’t run Processing off a plug-in hard drive, and less people use Google Classrooms than I thought, and one person already has one player pong going while another is struggling with how static images overlap. FML. Missing that class for medical reasons once was simultaneously a relief, and problematic in that my personal life remains complicated.

I’m trying to stay positive. But I took today (Saturday) off. I had to. And not only because I got some feedback on my writing that I wanted to address.

*
Item counts run Sunday (Sept 10) to Saturday (Sept 16).

Step Count 2016: About 76,300.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 69,000. 19 stars.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Went to BC with Anne-Lise. Considered making these posts into a newsletter.

SchoolMail 2016: 45 (2 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2017: 129 New (21 sent)
We have completed DAY 9.



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Monday, math meeting and typing up minutes
 -Tuesday, staff meeting
 -Wednesday, Teacher’s Council meeting
 -I can’t even daily. Friday was insane, especially at lunch.
 -Pins: Maika, Mayu, Miku, Stardust, Avanna.

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Thursday stArt Faire Comic Chat. Upgraded to CTP VIP.
 -Wrote a bit more of my comic into October.
 -Sketched out comic for Sept 25.

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Sunday niece’s birthday lunch.
 -Monday dinner with friends as I tried not to melt down.
 -Tuesday yoga classes restarted.
 -Wednesday medical appointment, left materials for one class.
 -Friday NAC musical “Onegin”. (Ran into teacher there...)

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Dept mtg. Medical appointments. Meet the Teacher BBQ. RPG.

STUFF I MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk


RH Stress Level: 8 (Starlight Breaker, Extension)

No comments:

Post a Comment