Saturday 23 September 2017

Now Teaching: Week 3

This week was supposed to be lighter. Not so much. For mostly good reasons. We’re at daily injections, which makes little sense unless you know me well. Still, all the things are happening at once, which is rough. A lot rough, I’m back on the potato chips. And stress levels definitely reached 9, but on average I think we’re still 8?
Previous INDEX Next

Here’s the social media post I put up, which is relevant:
“I suppose it might be prudent to clarify my posts this month so that people aren't worrying about me, or so that if they are, they're at least worrying about the right things. The problem is, all the things are happening. Bad things. Good things. Everything.
My coping mechanism in such cases is to take things about six hours at a time. If I look at a full 24 hours (or more) at once, the howler monkeys can take a foothold, and all is lost. Six hours. Sometimes four. This is not unusual, it tends to be how I survive around exam time. But it's happening in September, and has been for about two weeks straight now, and that's unusual.

All the things. Teaching, for the first time in 14 months. Years of medical issues (that I'm not bringing up on social media) are peaking. Technology issues, after 10 YEARS of lying fallow, are back with a vengeance, in the worst timing possible. I've resumed doing role-play, which frankly I need right now, though it is another thing. And other things in my life continue, like secretary work, replays of my writing efforts, and social forums online.


I am cutting back on those last. I HAVE to cut back. I'm trying not to cut back on all the things I enjoy (like my comic). I'm trying not to cut back on things that will be problematic in two weeks time (like work emails). I am starting to forget things. Sometimes things that happened half an hour ago. This worries me, but at least I'm aware of it. My window is six hours going forwards, not back.


This week was supposed to be better. I can say it hasn't been worse. I can do another six hours. Or at least another four. Then I'll re-evaluate.”


*
Item counts run Sunday (Sept 17) to Saturday (Sept 23).

Step Count 2016: About 67,900.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 61,500. 14 stars.
Didn’t reach 7500 today. It’s all slipping a bit to maintain sanity.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Felt like I’d be busy until end of year. But with writing, etc.

SchoolMail 2016: 76 (1 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2017: 138 New (22 sent)
We have completed DAY 14. Emails are harder to track, I’m filing them away into separate folders.



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Came up with a new coding assignment to buy time. Didn’t help.
 -Dept meeting Monday lunch. Clubs Day Wednesday issues/Anime Club.
 -“Meet the Teacher” BBQ evening.
 -Marked two sets of quizzes, one from each math class. Like last week.
 -This section blurs fast. Re-developed math lessons a bunch?
 -Also dealing with benefits problem, other emails.
 -Pins: Xin Hua, Maika, none, Miku, Avanna.

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Thursday StArt Faire Comic Chat.
 -Inked, scanned, coloured comic for Sept 25.
 -Wrote an “Epsilon Project” serial entry.

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Monday dinner with friends.
 -Tuesday Yoga class.
 -Wednesday medical appointment.
 -Friday medical appointment.
 -Saturday RPG Gaming after creating Torg character

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Wednesday medical.

STUFF I MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk


RH Stress Level: 8 (Starlight Breaker, Extension)

No comments:

Post a Comment