Saturday 14 October 2017

Now Teaching: Week 6

I feel like there’s a point where I blast past Stress Level 10 back into Level 0 where there’s just this dead sensation inside. Which is pretty much where I was on Friday. Four classes (because on-call) plus anime and math help at lunch, and I was trying to do my first Google Quiz with my computer course. How have I been able to do all the things? Answer, I haven’t. My marking is WAY behind, and I’m kind of screwed for this weekend. But I have no buffer for my blogs either.
Previous INDEX Next

Also, big news came on Wednesday, but I haven’t really had a chance to enjoy that yet. No, not the Nexus big news, the other news. Also editor contact early this morning to figure out as well. Related, was recognized at CanCon, both by cousin of a student and the filk people. My life is interesting. A bit too interesting.

*
Item counts run Sunday (Oct 8) to Saturday (Oct 14).

Step Count 2016: About 59,600.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 63,300. 14 stars.
Sunday was the lowest in a long time, 6250.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Bought cheap calculators, in-laws in town, lacked clear direction.

SchoolMail 2016: 38 (1 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2017: 123 New (5 sent)
We have completed DAY 28.

TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 Got a quiz together for CS, screwed up the naming. Math courses was largely tests. Progress reports went out Wednesday. Cappies trip for students was mostly left in Alex’s hands, particularly given on-call. There’s too much grading.
 -Pins: none, Avanna, Stardust, Miku

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Sketched, inked comic for Oct 16.
 -Sketched comic for Oct 23.
 -Thursday stArt Faire Comic Chat.

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Family Thanksgiving dinner Sunday
 -Gaming with in-laws in Toronto Monday
 -Mon, travelled back to Ottawa
 -Dinner with friends Monday
 -Tuesday Yoga class
 -Wednesday medical appointment
 -Two CanCon panels on Friday evening
 -More CanCon on Saturday afternoon

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Anne-Lise birthday. Teacher’s Council. Parent-Teacher interviews. Probably high blood pressure.

STUFF I MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Recap for CanCon 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk


RH Stress Level: 8 (Starlight Breaker, Extension)

No comments:

Post a Comment