Saturday 21 October 2017

Now Teaching: Week 7

Stress Recap. Week 0, before school: 5. Week 1: 6. Week 2: 8. Week 3: 8. Week 4: 7. Week 5: 8. Week 6: 8. This Week: 10. That’s an AVERAGE. So there’s been 11s. The scale first broke over a week ago. It’s been broken most of this week. I’ve been broken most of this week.
Previous INDEX Next

Something I really don’t deal with very well is CHANGE. Just ask my wife. I mean, I need processing time to deal with dinner plans changing. A corollary to that, I also don’t deal very well with TECHNOLOGY, because it seems to be largely about change. And boy has it changed in 10 years. Coding still sucks though (seriously, how is that fun).

I’m pretty sure the match of me+tech would have flatlined on 90% of alternate timelines. Hell, I haven’t upgraded my phone since 2001. I have texted exactly NEVER. With everything else that’s happening in this particular life branch, yeeeeeeah, flameout was inevitable. Bookies would have taken bets on WHEN, not IF.

I had no idea what the state of computers was really like these days. I couldn’t read the signs. So kudos to me for lasting six weeks, particularly after what week three looked like. Nine more months is impossible.

I don’t yet know exactly how this is all going to play out. Slipping into a coma feels like a viable backup plan. I can’t tell if I’m joking. At any rate, my personality is such that I am either off or on. I am *OFF*, as of now. Almost everything is off. I can’t. There is no joy in any of it any more anyway. If Plan A comes through, I’ll start fresh.

I’ll probably still track this stuff week-to-week, but I doubt I’ll even write these intros any more. Peace out.

*
Item counts run Sunday (Oct 15) to Saturday (Oct 21).

Step Count 2016: About 53,450.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 61,600. 15 stars.
Sunday was the low point again. Sunday is when the panic sets in now.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Dealt with figuring out benefits, and found my writing groove. Simpler times.

SchoolMail 2016: 88 (1 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2017: 120 New (12 sent)
I have limped past DAY 33.


There is nothing else.

TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Emailed dept heads on Sunday. Finally forced myself into grading a bunch of CS, not that I really had a choice. Catatonic Wednesday morning. Implosion. Talked to different admin. Missed parent-teacher interviews, followed up on the Friday with parents. That is, once I managed to get through the horror of Friday itself. Got a SirWil tie, that helped.
 -I can’t lose “Teaching Related Items”, or my failure is complete, but there is “Plan A” before the coma. Also, thank god for Math, it’s a sanity branch.
 -Attended Teacher’s Council meeting. Likely CUTTING this for November, the way Cappies has basically been pawned off on AlexB already. Anime’s on the chopping block next.
 -Pins: none, none, Xin Hua, ‘Who Me’, Mayu (yandere).

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Coloured comic for Oct 16. Inked, coloured comic for Oct 23.
 -COMIC IS NOW ON INDEFINITE HIATUS.
 -Wrote brief post about no Epsilon entry. Off schedule for first time in 3+ years.
 -SERIAL IS NOW ON INDEFINITE HIATUS.
 -Wrote post about “My Curious History with Computer Science”.
 -WE’RE DONE. Any future writing will be focussed on time travel, I got accepted to the TTNexus, that’s one thing I want to do.
 -Thursday stArt Faire Comic Chat. Also keeping this, it’s a sanity branch too. (I haven’t been in a Twitter chat for over a month.)

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Tuesday Yoga class. MIGHT NOT SIGN UP FOR NOVEMBER.
 -My wife’s birthday also occurred, which I had mostly worked out in advance thank goodness. She’s so amazing. I love her.
 -ALL SOCIAL EVENTS ARE OUT, as they mostly have been for three weeks ANYWAY, I don’t know why I thought I could manage even part of a day at CanCon. Keeping Roleplay though, I hope. Sanity branch. We’ll see.

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Medical appointment. Possibly NAC play, if I’m not a sobbing mess.

STUFF THAT WILL NOW NEVER HAPPEN IN 2017:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Recap for CanCon 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Catching up with web serials
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk


RH Stress Level: 10 (Barrier Burst)

No comments:

Post a Comment